Information regarding Pessaries
Our most popular range is now available in a variety of sizes.
- Lavender and Tea Tree Pessaries are the most popular of the range. Recommended for localised treatment of ‘Thrush’ and as an aid for maintaining vaginal flora during antibiotic usage. Contains soothing cocoa butter combined with 5% pure lavender essential oil and 5% pure tea tree oil.
- Cocoa butter is renowned for its moisturizing abilities and often used in the treatment of dry, itchy skin. It also contains natural anti-oxidant
- Lavender essential oil also has some antiseptic and anti-inflammatory qualities that can help with skin inflictions. It has been traditionally used as an antiseptic and mild pain reliever.
- Tea tree oil has beneficial medical properties when applied topically, including being an natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent.
- The effectiveness of tea tree oil in the treatment of the yeast infection Candidiasis is supported by its ability to kill Candida in vitro
- Calendula Pessaries are highly recommended for ladies experiencing the menopause. Often the skin can become more fragile, sore and dry. The combination of cocoa butter and soothing calendula can provide some degree of comfort when used daily. Calendula pessaries can also be used during anti-biotic usage and as a gentle preventative for candida.
- Calendula has been used for medicinal purposes since at least the 12th century It has a long history as a wound healing and skin soothing botanical. It is considered an agent that promotes healing. Calendula also has an anti-inflammatory activity and is used internally to heal inflamed and infected mucous membranes.
- Topical applications of calendula are more common, especially in Germany where it has been shown to speed healing of wounds (possibly because it increases blood flow to the area).
- Calendula can also be used to treat haemorroids. It appears to help the body produce collagen proteins which are used to heal skin and connective tissue.
- Cocoa butter is renowned for its moisturizing abilities and often used in the treatment of dry, itchy skin. It also contains natural anti-oxidants.
- Witch hazel pessaries are traditionally used for the treatment of haemorrhoids. The consituents of cocoa butter and witch hazel aid recovery from itchy inflamed skin.
- Witch hazel contains a constituent known as vitamin P which protects capillaries and small blood vessel.
- Witch hazel is traditionally used for its cooling, astringent abilities which may be of great benefit for the swollen veins associated with haemorroids.
- ocoa butter is renowned for its moisturizing abilities and often used in the treatment of dry, itchy skin. It also contains natural anti-oxidants.
- To order any of the above products, click on the underlined words . This will take you to the next page for ordering relevant sizes.
The harmful effects of tobacco use are vast.
Despite all the known health risks of smoking, quitting smoking is extremely difficult. This may be due to the fact that the harmful effects of smoking take years before they have a physical affect on the body and smoking is therefore not perceived as an immediate threat.
Damage reversal increases yearly in smokers who have stopped, and smokers who quit by the age of thirty are likely to live as long as those who never smoked. Antioxidants are also helpful in improving circulation and helping damaged tissues.
- Chew a small nugget of dandelion root when the urge is strong
- Smoking robs the body of selenium which is helpful for prevention of smoking related diseases.
- Lobelia tincture. The main constituent 'lobeline' is chemically similar to nicotine without being addictive. Lobelia can be taken to help reduce the amount of tobacco smoked and as an aid when withdrawing from nicotine. A word of caution - take in small doses as isolobeline is an emetic and will cause nausea and vomiting.
- Avena sativa tincture - one of the cheif ingredients to help discourage smoking. An aid to strengthening the cnetral nervous system.
- Liquorice root - chewed or taken as a tincture to reduce the craving for nicotine.
- Vitamin C and bioflavonoids. Each cigarette smoked uses up 25mg of vitamin C.